Friday, August 3, 2012

Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce

The best part of cooking is sharing it with the people you love. My husband, Ben, works most nights so cooking dinner is rather a dreary concept. So instead of cooking an actual meal, I usually cook some ramen or make a sandwich. Terrible, I know. But I don't have kids; cut me some slack!

Tonight I was absolutely starving. I got on handy dandy Pinterest and started searching for something tasty, but relatively easy. I saw a link to Rachel Ray's "You Won't Be Single For Long" Vodka Cream Pasta. YUM! Two weeks ago was my 21st birthday so I had the vodka, and I made Ben some Creme Brulee last week so I had some leftover cream. That's right, for once in my life I had the ingredients!


So here's the recipe!

I know you're loving my pin-striped pajamas!


1 T oil
1 T butter
2 cloves of garlic
2 shallots (I just used half a yellow onion)
1 c vodka
1 c chicken stock
1 32 oz crushed tomato can
1/2 c heavy cream
dried basil
salt and pepper to taste



Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil, butter, garlic and shallots. Gently saut̩ the shallots for 3-5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add the vodka to the pan Рthree turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup. Reduce the vodka by half, about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and the tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While the pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.

Stir the cream into the sauce. When the sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from the heat. Drain the pasta. Toss the hot pasta with the sauce.

Sooooooo.... As I typed this, I discovered that I completely forgot the chicken stock. Oops! I guess I didn't make this recipe, but it was still delicious!

I hope you enjoy this recipe! Here's the original link: < http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/rachael-rays-vodka-cream-pasta >

No comments:

Post a Comment