Monday, July 30, 2012

Banana Bread

Last week I bought an extra bunch of bananas at the store. I've been eyeballing them all week, waiting for them to get ripe. The day has finally come!! After a hard debate, the hubster and I decided that I should bake a loaf instead of muffins. I don't know why, but he seems to have a serious aversion to muffins... Weirdo! But whatever, a loaf pan is much easier to prep with some Baker's Miracle* than a muffin tin.

Here's my extra scrumptious banana bread:

2 c flour
2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c butter (if you use salted butter, don't add any salt)
3/4 c brown sugar
2 t vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 c overripe bananas, mashed (about 6 bananas)



Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with Baker's Miracle. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. I usually mash my bananas with a whisk, leaving some small chunks, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the banana and egg mixture to the butter and sugar and stir until well blended. Mix the flour mixture in until just blended. You don't want to overmix or you'll have flat, dense bread! Bake in a preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack. Smother with butter and enjoy!!





As you can see from the picture, this loaf came out kind of flat. Tear! That's partially due to old baking soda, and partially from over beating. Boo. So make sure that you pay attention!

Now you may be thinking to yourself, "six bananas??" Yes, six bananas. It always comes out so flavorful and moist. In fact, it's baking in the oven as I type this and the aroma is just amazing! Try this recipe and let me know what you think!

*Baker's Miracle is the only nonstick I use. It's awesome. Stay tuned for the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment